13 Ways to do Valentine's Day on the Cheap in the Princeton Area
Tick, tock, tick. Valentin'es Day is around the corner. Do you have plans? At PrincetonOnline, we're here to tell you that it's okay to watch your budget on this holiday. Just don't show up on Valentine’s Day with NOTHING. Not even a card to show her or him you care. For the most part, people just want Valentine's Day acknowledged. We get though---you don’t have a lot to spend. That’s okay! Love don’t cost a thing, right? You don’t need any grandiose displays of affection (although…a flash mob with some friends is free!) You just need to show some effort and make the day special. If you need some ideas, we put together a list of 13 local events and things to do, which means you don't really need to worry about paying for gas either!
- Grab a $5 Friday bouquet at Monday Morning Flowers and pick up some chocolate and jewelry while you’re there too!
- Follow @willswine (Will Rodriguez, Beverage Director at Witherspoon Grill) on Instagram for some wine ideas to celebrate at home
- Room service at a hotel is nice, but Room Service, the comedy, is way more fun and only $18 a person at Kelsey Theater. It's running Valentine's Weekend and the following weekend too. Click here to order your tickets.
- Make dinner with a recipe from one of our local chefs
- Go for a tasting at Hopewell Valley Vineyards or attend their special Valentine's Day Brunch for only $29 a person.
- Dinner & a movie at MarketFair's new AMC Dine-In Theater
- If you have a love that’s out of this world, take in a show at the NJ State Museum Planetarium. They offer show times on both Saturdays and Sundays at only $7 a person.
- Have a good laugh with your love at Catch a Rising Star Princeton’s Special Valentine’s Day Weekend performance. Tickets start at $20.87 for Friday night and $26.75 on Saturday.
- Who doesn’t love a romantic carriage ride? Howell Living History Farm is offering ones for free on February 13th at 10am.
- If you’re both runners, spread the love at Cupid’s Chase, Community Options' 5k race to beneft individuals with disabilities, on February 13th at 10am at the Princeton Shopping Center. Registration is $30-50. Details: www.comop.org
- Dinner and dancing doesn’t just have to be something you see in the movies. The Princeton Elks is having a Valentine’s Day Dinner Dance on February 13th from 6-9:30pm to benefit the lodge's special children's fund and the ladies auxiliary. Cash bar. Register by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. $35 to $40.
- Words cannot describe your love.. only music can. Experience love according to the great American songbook at Princeton Public Library at 3pm. Features singer Katie Welsh and pianist Emily Whitaker, Princeton University graduates, performing favorite love songs. Refreshments.
- Put some extra money into dinner after attending the FREE performance of Spring Cabaret by Westminster Choir College at Rider University, 7:30 pm.
Add a Comment