Finding the Right Tax Preparer
Finding the right tax preparer can be somewhat of a challenge. Following is a list of helpful hints you can use when choosing a return preparer. Be careful in selecting the tax professional who will prepare your return. Some basic tips and guidelines to assist taxpayers in choosing a reputable tax professional are:
- ? Avoid return preparers who claim they can obtain larger refunds than other preparers.
- ? Avoid preparers who base their fee on a percentage of the amount of the refund.
- ? Use a reputable tax professional that signs your tax return and provides you with a copy for your records.
- ? Consider whether the tax professional offers electronic filing options and other payment options that you want.
- ? Consider whether the individual or firm will be around to answer questions about the preparation of your tax return, months, even years, after the return has been filed.
- ? Never sign a blank tax form.
- ? Ask questions. Do you know anyone who has used the tax professional? Were they satisfied with the service they received?
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Tax Evasion is a crime, a felony, punishable up to 5 years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine.
Add a Comment